In a nutshell - What is this about?

I created this blog for those who are interested on Internet Addiction and my request to Linden Lab to display a cautionary note mentioning Internet Addiction to the people signing in.

After all this time, this has become just a way to place this on the conversation. This is in a nutshell all I strive for.


Your liberty to read or leave its not denied on this space.


Virtual communities have enormous potential and will be part of many people's life's and work. So we need to take a thoughtful approach towards this. SL has an extraordinary pull and this phenomenon can result in dramatic damage to people who develop an addictive attachment to them.

  1. People joins in with no knowledge of this phenomenon
  2. Awareness of a danger helps reduce its potential harm
  3. Any tool to display this reality, might prevent those who read it

All ideas an opinions are welcome, posts with foul or offensive language might be deleted. Some information and videos might be disturbing for some people please be advised.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

A recount of the times - the jobs I took inworld

After some recounting of my times in SL... This is a brief remembreance of things that kept me busy in world.

The first "job" I took was of course saying "Hi" to people at a club "Welcome Mr. Druggie657...", etc. That job paid around 50-100 per day, I left that pretty soon, then I started taking pictures for my friend Siggs, that made me from 150L to 360L per gig, then started writting for the Second Life Herald and they published 4 of my stories I used to make like 1,500 per shot and, true, I had a private agenda since and I used them to promote my "politikal views" against Second Life Addiction, not to mention that the money was better.

Then -this was only for fun and for the nice uniforms they had- I joined one of many SL police departments. I wanted to hunt the perverts! In order to enter that Department, I had to pass an interview and had to go-trough a screening and selecting process (Yeah right!) at the time I knew it was not really-real, but I tought they collaborated with LL -I know what you must be thinking- How stupid and naive of me, but I have thrown enough tomatoes to myself for that, not to mention that work did not pay.

Of course I did some modeling, with this body who wouldn't? and of course I won that contest... I had to win that contest after all other contestants had ejected due to the poor organization. We ended the cat-walk under a griefer attack, lagged, I was actually the last person in the place. That thing was probably the worse thing I did in SL, but after weeks of pulling my friends to vote for me I was to finish that thing and I was getting paid. I made 1,000L that time I had to force the organizers to pay.

I almost forget, I of course started an office in-world to tell the world about the SL Addiction thing. I was an activist and I visited sims that pretended to be "real" and looked for "established" people and "SL opinion leaders", I was determined to let them all know about it.

After I left SL for weeks and sometimes months, I started doing custom shapes and custom kitchens. Then opened the large store, and yes I started a magazine: http://www.avatarmgz.com/ Yes a magazine about avatars.

So far. All I got its the assurance that I needed out of SL.