In a nutshell - What is this about?

I created this blog for those who are interested on Internet Addiction and my request to Linden Lab to display a cautionary note mentioning Internet Addiction to the people signing in.

After all this time, this has become just a way to place this on the conversation. This is in a nutshell all I strive for.


Your liberty to read or leave its not denied on this space.


Virtual communities have enormous potential and will be part of many people's life's and work. So we need to take a thoughtful approach towards this. SL has an extraordinary pull and this phenomenon can result in dramatic damage to people who develop an addictive attachment to them.

  1. People joins in with no knowledge of this phenomenon
  2. Awareness of a danger helps reduce its potential harm
  3. Any tool to display this reality, might prevent those who read it

All ideas an opinions are welcome, posts with foul or offensive language might be deleted. Some information and videos might be disturbing for some people please be advised.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

What happened from 2010 and 2014?

In a nutshell!

I left SL for many months, many, six months at a time, maybe a year, then came back, then many months, this is not particularly clear, except when I notice, with friends, "Hey I know you for four years, and you for seven, and we been friends for two..."- That has become scary.

I came back in. The urge has never been the same. But curiosity stroke me again and I was bored RL, So I went to see if that place was still on, kind of a remembering tour.

Surprisingly it was not only teeming with avatars, it was fun and lively. So became a fan of SL Dublin. For personal reasons I am partial to that nation and its people. I also love music and fun and pubs. So I stayed there for some three years, (with my long breaks from SL that I enjoy!)

I became a regular at Blarney Stone Irish Pub. I certainly gave it too much of my personal time.
At some moment I took back the Premium Account and learned how to claim a mainland 512 lot, that grew to a 2014 lot and there I had my Mexico Museum Back and a small flat apartment.



The truth is that with the little time and low priority that you know why I give to SL the museum was mostly empty, even though it had its moments that I will share in other post.

Casey Bee  talked me into accepting "mesh", and I own lots of that now.

So yes i came back to SL. But I can safely say it does not control me anymore the way it did many years ago- I think!

1 comment:

Siggy said...

What a surprise to see a new post here! I really should pop back in world and say "hello." I don't particularly miss SL but I do miss you and your singular personality ;) And hey, you can always drop me an email - it's still sigmund.writer@gmail.com. I think your email must be defunct.